What is the job of the Head of Mobile?
Many people have asked me that so I decided to make a small overview of what are the responsibilities you would expect.
- Responsible for setting up the mobile strategy and driving the business forward.
- Lead the development of the product roadmap and propose business cases for features, employing industry best practices and competitive insights. This includes apps (phones and tablets), mobile sites, sms, etc.
- Strategize and execute on cross-channel opportunities that enhance our customer’s experience. Coordinate the conceptualization and development of B2C and B2B apps to support the brand´s users. Prioritize the use cases to target through the mobile channel.
- Utilize mobile as a channel to develop an effective acquisition strategy and drive brand awareness.
- Responsible for supporting a diverse collection of mobile products including downloadable applications, mobile web sites, and messaging products.
- Manage the design and execution of mobile marketing strategy and the programs that will drive incremental traffic and sales wether this is: m-commerce, e-commerce or in-store.
- A strong point of view on end-user functionality an eye for highly usable user interface design.
- Lead all mobile development activities of the in-house development team as well as working with external development partners.
- Maintain mobile budget and have P&L accountability, with emphasis on forecasting revenues
- Function as the company’s industry expert in mobile by analyzing market trends and competitive landscape, conducting independent research and attending conferences.
- Continuous reporting and analytics on performance & metrics, leading to actionable plans and results.
- Making reasoned and practical recommendations on hardware and software acquisition, technology vendor selection process and subsequent vendor management.
- Keeping a breast of industry trends and technologies, and being prepared to apply them quickly. Leading the technical analysis and evaluation of new technologies, vendors, products, and product enhancements.
- Maintenance and engineering support for currently deployed products, including off-hours escalation procedure.
- Creating and enforcing development practices and standards.
- Mobile marketing experience
- Product development
- Experience with leading UX and design
- Broader digital marketing experience
- Knowledge on software development including app development and mobile websites
- Experience of both Business to Business and Business to Consumer marketing
- Excellent Project Management experience
- Knowledge of bids and tenders